Gold or Sunshine Coast Hinterland Accommodation

Thread: adjust points

adjust points

Hi all. I am a new 2cv owner and do not know much about this car.I have an 89 2cv6 special, 602 engine. It has no spark, i am trying to find a workshop manual or some information on checking and adjusting the points.It is a bit beat up and run down and i would love to resurrect this interesting little car. Can anyone help with a download or manual?
    cheers, shane 0407161734

Quote Originally Posted by NOISY TOY View Post
    Hi all. I am a new 2cv owner and do not know much about this car.I have an 89 2cv6 special, 602 engine. It has no spark, i am trying to find a workshop manual or some information on checking and adjusting the points.It is a bit beat up and run down and i would love to resurrect this interesting little car. Can anyone help with a download or manual?
    cheers, shane 0407161734
    I can talk you through the process if that helps?

Hey thanks ripple, that would be good. i got some info off the net, but removing the fan is proving a bit of a test. It appears someone else has tried to remove the fan and caused some burring inside where the bolt head seats.The bolt was not all that tight either. perhaps that is why it was left abandoned ? I dont know if they are on a taper, perhaps there is a special puller i need?
    Cheers, Shane

It lives! Managed to figure out the fan removal using a piece of round bar the correct size to go inside the fan centre tube, a light sideways tap and out it came. Points were grotty, bit of a clean up sorted that. fixed a split in a fuel line, decent battery and away it went.
    Interesting gearshift took a minute to suss out, then short test drive. So far so good.

Hi Noisy Toy l'm new to 2cv.com and don't at this stage own a 2cv but notice you live in Cairns as l do (God's country). I would be interested to meet and see your car.

Cheers Nigel 0447551640

Thread Information